Friday, December 30, 2011

A New Year!

Greetings to One and All!

2011 was a busy year for us - my time in S. Korea, Scott's busy traveling and work schedule - he spent 15 weeks in S. Korea; family needs and various side issues. But I'm looking forward to 2012 and what it will bring. God has sustained us through this year and we know that He will do so in the coming one.

I recently moved my sewing room to the basement - in the family room. And we moved our computer and office upstairs to make it more convenient. So in the process, I began to weed out this and that - things I hadn't used in forever, fabric I never did like! and other tidbits. I'm thankful for charity quilting groups and hey - if you are cleaning or tidying up, don't forget to take your unwanted scraps or fabric pieces to a local group - they are ALWAYS in need of donations and in your own way, you can brighten a child's face with a smile or warm the heart of a lonely senior by themselves.

All that said, I organized and found I don't need to buy anything for 2012! Now gifts are another story! :) But seriously, I want to encourage all of you to take stock, see what half finished projects you have (I have too many!) and think about working on those before you venture out on a new one. We hear so much about going green - I'm all for sharing fabric scraps with friends - why not organize a fabric swap with a few close quilty friends and see how that brightens up your stash!

I have neglected this blog in 2011 but hope to make a regular post once a week. Do drop in and leave a comment - I enjoy hearing from all of you!

May 2012 be a year filled with blessings and God's care for each and every one of you! Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Kelli! Great ideas too. Like you I have plenty of fabric in the stash and more projects than can possibly be completed. I recently donated loads of unwanted fabric to a teaching friend whose classes make quilts for the local children's hospital. ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I am up for a scrap fabric swap and the Blogging Buddies didn't do one for this year! What say you all?

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be patient Liri. Marsha and I are cooking something up and will supply details soon. ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see you back here Girlfriend! Love all your tips and ideas....did I hear someone mention a scrap fabric swap?!?!
    Blessings to you and yours Kelli

    ReplyDelete

We'd like to hear from you. Please leave a comment...