Thursday, November 5, 2009

Back In The Saddle!

Hi Everyone -

I'm finally back - my husband and I were graciously loaned a cottage to "escape" to for a week - which we did! My oldest sister and her husband built it and were so kind to let us use it for a much needed rest. No phone, no t.v., no computer access! But I didn't go without packing some hand sewing projects so here are the latest photos!

The Christmas table runner is almost finished as you can see - I had forgotten how long it takes to hand stitch but I found it so relaxing and rewarding.

Onto my Double Stitch, as you can see I've put my four hand pieced squares together with a border and have begun to embroider a vine which will have button flowers on it.
Last but not least, I took my wool stash and began to cut out and Wonder Under the wool pieces for my autumn wall hanging. True to my form, I'm altering it - seems like I am always changing patterns - but that is the fun of sewing - you can make what you really want!


I've missed posting and hearing from all of you - drop me a line and tell me what you are working on. Thanksgiving? Christmas? Someone's birthday? I'm always interested in seeing new patterns and projects.

One more item before I go, Tammy of Treadleworks by Tammy has opened an Etsy Store and the link is: www.Treadleworksbytammy.etsy.com. Do stop over and check it out! Tammy does a wonderful job with her blog so check that out too - it is under "Blogs I Enjoy" on my main page.

Have a wonderful rest of the week!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Kelli, I have been working an a courthouse steps quilt, using the double stitch technique you showed here. The blocks are 4 different sizes and all scrappy blues. I got them put together and I'm going to put it on my Blog in a day or 2, altho I have already posted pics of the double stitched blocks. Thankyou for sharing this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. Welcome back. It's nice to hear that you and hubby had a nice getaway with time to rest and recharge. Love the projects you shared here...you got a lot done!

    I just finished up the Autumn Porch quilt that I have been working on. Will post it soon as it's in the mail and heading to it's new home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The table runner looks fabulous and your Double Stitch project looks so good! I can't wait to see the little button flowers. Will you frame it in timber? Your autumn wall hanging is going to be fabulous. Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous stitching Kelli!
    Isn't the Promise Stitching fun?
    As you I am still working on Autumn projects, but I am thinking I need to get a "move on" Christmas gifts need to be made! Yikes!
    So glad to hear you had some time away and thank you SO MUCH for the shout out about my Etsy Shop!
    Hugs2u!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking Christmas and little gifts to drop in the mail to dear friends.

    It is wonderful you had some getaway time. Do you enjoy working with wool.

    I've never tried it.......oh no here I go again starting something else....egads

    ReplyDelete

We'd like to hear from you. Please leave a comment...