Thursday, September 24, 2009

Quilting Day



Hi Friends -

Tuesday was His Hands quilting day and the ladies brought tops and finished quilts for the Harvest Home. These are some of their creations - it never ceases to amaze me how different each one of us is in style and how fun "show and tell" is.




This month - we meet in a library meeting room - there was an English class for immigrants taking place in the next room and their teacher wanted to know if they could come and see our work. They wanted to practice their English :) So when they came over there were "oohhh's" and "aahhh's" but we weren't sure if that was good or bad! We had a lovely day complete with fresh Apple Walnut Cake provided by Janet - a tasty way to end the day! Thanks for letting me share my group with all of you - you are all so supportive! Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. These quilts are so pretty!! Kudos to all of you for your work! and teaching English too!!!
    Apple Walnut Cake sounds very yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are amazing! I'm sure the students appreciated your efforts and I'm not surprised at their exclamations. Apple Walnut Cake sounds delicious. I would have loved to have joined you. Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are just stunning. I wish that I could have been there.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work done by all!! Yummy cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure they were good aws! I know how hard is to express yourself sometimes in foreign language.
    I love the bright colors on the quilts!

    Happy sewing!

    Zlaty

    ReplyDelete

We'd like to hear from you. Please leave a comment...